Monday, September 29, 2014

On a mission....to do what?

Well, let me begin by saying this is not a religious mission nor a mission trip.  This is a very personal mission,  a mission to become my best self.  I am embracing my journey to become not someone different, but a better version of myself.  I want to be the very best mom and wife that I can be, but I also want to become someone with an impact bigger than my own family.

Now I have to admit that it feels arrogant to expect total strangers to read this blog by an ordinary woman.  So, I'm not really expecting anyone else to read this.  It's actually more of a diary of my journey.  My ideas just flow better through the keyboard than through a pen.  I feel like one of the best ways to free my own mind is to put my thoughts out of my mind.  Everything makes more sense with a little space and time. 

And, so I begin my first post with a question: "what excites you?"  About two months ago, I was asked this question.  I immediately answered "my kids", and then....nothing!  Absolutely nothing came to mind.  I just sat there with absolutely no words.  It's not that I'm a miserable, unhappy person with no interests, but excitement?  I was rendered speechless, which doesn't happen all that often.  Since then, I've thought about the question everyday.  And, I'm working on my answer.  So, now I'll ask the infinite emptiness of the internet....what excites you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment